The Gun Thread!!!

All things guns and Second Amendment.

Moderator: Bezmenov

Solar

The Gun Thread!!!

Post by Solar »

😁
That''s Right, Guns! There is no such thing as a bad gun, no gun has ever been recorded jumping up under its own power and attacking a human.
They are are inanimate tools, no more dangerous than a bread wrapper but 1 million times more useful.

We all have our favorites, and all have a place, be it under your pillow, or strapped on your back. But remember, if it's not easily accessible, it's just an inanimate object.

I love my Mossberg 12 ga, pistol grip most of all, I honestly don't have to aim, I can hit any target in less than a second from the hip. Practice, practice, and practice some more... "No Brag, Just Fact" (Walter Brennan)

Getting too old to play "Drop that weapon", so the pistol stays where it's most needed, the sniper riffles the same, too long for tiny hallways.
Same for baseball bats, try swinging one in your house as if you were being attacked.

Point is, make sure you have quick access to your weapon and make sure it's the one you're most comfortable with.
Thanks to the NRA and a leftist SCOTUS, I can't carry my preferred weapon, a sawed off shotgun. (This was inserted to expand the discussion.)

Our Bill of Rights was designed for one purpose, to keep govt off our God given Rights, and what did these mother Fuckers do?
Greatest generation my Ass! They chipped away at the most important Amendment, our Right to protect ourselves.

It's time to revisit their un-Constitutional ruling and take it away from the court, they had no legal right to touch it in the first place!!!

Soooo, what's your favorite gun?😊

ROADRUNNER

Re: The Gun Thread!!!

Post by ROADRUNNER »

If I told you you would just call me a copycat 8-)
AMERICAN BY BIRTH
CONSERVATIVE BY CHOICE

Skull

Post by Skull »

Ten or 12 years ago I went to buy a revolver or pistol in So. Cal. The paperwork & hoops were just too much of a hassle. So I got a Mossburg 12 gauge. The seller only had target shot. Never fired it once. Have not even bothered to look for a firing range.

If anyone wants to swap for a solid revolver with a box of cartridges, then PM me. Not really expert on guns.
Though one may conquer many times a thousand men in battle, yet he is the noblest victor who conquers himself. Self-conquest is far better than the conquest of others. No god or devil can defeat a person who is self-subdued & ever restrained. Buddha

walkstall

Post by walkstall »

GLOCK 19 with 10 clips that hold 17 rounds each for me.

The good wife is 357 Colt Python with 10 speed loaders and a 20 gage shotgun.

possum

Post by possum »

If I'm just walking the pasture or just shooting at some targets, I still prefer my marlin 336 in 30-30. For protecting the house, the little 18" 20 gauge.
When we go out into town, I carry either the sig 226 or the springfield xd. (springfield is plastic which I don't care for, but when it's hot and sweaty, it don't rust.) Deer, hog hunting still like the ole model 7 in .243

Solar

Post by Solar »

ROADRUNNER wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:29 pm
If I told you you would just call me a copycat 8-)
:D
I'm guessing you're my age? At some point along the way I stopped seeing a threat beyond 20', and now if I'm threatened 20' or less, I don't ask questions, nor so I miss my target.
That'ts the beauty of living in the forest, there's never collateral damage from overshot.

Solar

Post by Solar »

walkstall wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:52 pm
GLOCK 19 with 10 clips that hold 17 rounds each for me.

The good wife is 357 Colt Python with 10 speed loaders and a 20 gage shotgun.
Nice, you have no need to run, just hunker down, most perps never come with enough ammo.😁😁😁
possum wrote: ↑
Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:07 am
If I'm just walking the pasture or just shooting at some targets, I still prefer my marlin 336 in 30-30. For protecting the house, the little 18" 20 gauge.
When we go out into town, I carry either the sig 226 or the springfield xd. (springfield is plastic which I don't care for, but when it's hot and sweaty, it don't rust.) Deer, hog hunting still like the ole model 7 in .243
Love that Marlin! I bought a Winchester 30-30 in 1969 new for $69.00, the Marlin was close to 200 bucks.
I regret never buying the marlin, the Winchester turned out to be a POS!