New 2020 quarters have bats on them

All things political.

Moderator: KSUAviator

Fiddler

Re: New 2020 quarters have bats on them

Post by Fiddler »

TheDMan wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:53 pm
Do you really think it was all just a coincidence?
It occurred to me as I was having my smoked Gouda/corned beef sandwich and a beer.. (corned my own brisket btw) that there's a way to prove conclusively that it's just a coincidence...

Simple.. If it were PLANNED QAnon would have ratted out the miscreants in one of his famous quatrains .. e.g.

bats in a bowl, bats in a bun ..
roast those bats 'till their good and done.. ..
who will bring civilization to a crawl
where we go one.. We go all.

But ...

On the other-hand we can't discount that fact that just before the JFK assignation Lee Harvey Oswald wrote a letter asking for a visa from the Soviet embassy in DC. The letter was intercepted by the FBI.. The letter was written on a Corona Typewriter..

Deep State ... Oooo ...

DaveJavu

Post by DaveJavu »

Paleocon wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:11 pm

After the onerous decision to put Tubman on the twenty, nothing like this surprises me anymore.
Yeah, and this is what really irks you, right? :roll:

Paleocon

Post by Paleocon »

DaveJavu wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:45 pm
Paleocon wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:11 pm

After the onerous decision to put Tubman on the twenty, nothing like this surprises me anymore.
Yeah, and this is what really irks you, right? :roll:
The Tubman twenty idea "irks" all normal people. I'll repeat why for clarity: objectively, millions of other candidates were more qualified than Tubman for this honor. One of those higher qualified folks should have been selected before her.

The selection of Tubman was a combination of political extortion, identity politics, racism, and pandering. Not a selection based on merit, but on Tubman's skin color and gender. That's as racist as it gets.

TheDMan

Post by TheDMan »

Fiddler wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:16 pm
TheDMan wrote:
It can be nothing else.. But the real story here is how can a person become so conspiratorial ..
I'm interested to hear your theory about how it could just be a coincidence.

It should be noted that coins are an ingenious place to leave your calling card. They aren't something that happens on one day and then is forgotten, and they aren't something that is made and put in one place where most people can't see it and be constantly reminded.

These coins will be circulating around for decades, just like you still get quarters from the 1970s. In the 2060s, people will still be getting quarters marked 2020 with a bat on them, and people will remember: that was the year of the great Chinese bat flu that shut down the world.

And you want us to believe it was all just a coincidence.
There are bats on the quarters.

Limey

Post by Limey »

Fiddler wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:56 pm
Solar wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:14 am

Fid, what do you mean by "Redirect"? Is there something we can do to make it easier for you to browse the forum?
DMan started a few threads that he called "Redirects:" when an interesting subject or something tangential occurred in an existing thread. ..

As in "Redirect: Insert New Subject Here" (example: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=76 )

I believe it was his way of NOT derailing the thread . Seemed like a decent idea..

That IS a good idea.

Limey

Post by Limey »

TheDMan wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:34 am
Fiddler wrote:
TheDMan wrote:
It can be nothing else.. But the real story here is how can a person become so conspiratorial ..

It should be noted that coins are an ingenious place to leave your calling card. They aren't something that happens on one day and then is forgotten, and they aren't something that is made and put in one place where most people can't see it and be constantly reminded.

These coins will be circulating around for decades, just like you still get quarters from the 1970s. In the 2060s, people will still be getting quarters marked 2020 with a bat on them, and people will remember: that was the year of the great Chinese bat flu that shut down the world.

Why do you want to believe it isn't?

Belief is that thing where you act like something is true because it makes you fee good, even though you've got literally no evidence.

TheDMan

Post by TheDMan »

Limey wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:22 am
TheDMan wrote:
Fiddler wrote:

Belief is that thing where you act like something is true because it makes you fee good, even though you've got literally no evidence.
I don't have a preference one way or the other. We simply have two rare, similar-themed events that happened at the same time. That is what is meant by a "coincidence." Two things coincided. The question is whether there is some intention behind it, or it just happened randomly.

Limey

Post by Limey »

TheDMan wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:21 am
Limey wrote:
TheDMan wrote:

I don't have a preference one way or the other. We simply have two rare, similar-themed events that happened at the same time. That is what is meant by a "coincidence." Two things coincided. The question is whether there is some intention behind it, or it just happened randomly.

Safe to assume the latter and cease wasting time on piffle.

TheDMan

Post by TheDMan »

Limey wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:28 am
TheDMan wrote:
Limey wrote:

So you think it was just a random occurrence that at the exact same time that a bat-generated disease brought the world economy to a halt, an economic currency was released with a picture of a bat on it? These are two once-in-a-century events with a similar theme that happened within weeks of each other. I think it strains credulity that it was just a coincidence.

The reasonable conclusion is that these two events are part of the same plan. It is only our desire not to believe such a thing that would make us reject this reasonable conclusion.

Limey

Post by Limey »

TheDMan wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:55 am
Limey wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:28 am
TheDMan wrote:

So you think it was just a random occurrence that at the exact same time that a bat-generated disease brought the world economy to a halt, an economic currency was released with a picture of a bat on it? These are two once-in-a-century events with a similar theme that happened within weeks of each other. I think it strains credulity that it was just a coincidence.

The reasonable conclusion is that these two events are part of the same plan. It is only our desire not to believe such a thing that would make us reject this reasonable conclusion.

You're a lunatic.