New 2020 quarters have bats on them

All things political.

Moderator: KSUAviator

TheDMan

Re: New 2020 quarters have bats on them

Post by TheDMan »

Limey wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:28 pm
I think the relase of 'the Joker' was a tease. They're playing with us.
What we are dealing with on the quarters issue are two (1) unlikely events that (2) occurred simultaneously with a (3) shared theme.

Joker lacks the quality of being unlikely. There are tons of superhero and antisuperhero movies drawn from comic books. And there are several movies about misunderstood isolates who spawn social unrest, V for Vendetta and Fight Club being just two that I can think of.

Further, there is no shared theme between The Joker and bat flu. We might say that they both involve Batman, but only as something that is related to Joker and never even appears in the movie.

When we allow one of the events to be only related to the theme of the other, we raise the possible events that can satisfy the shared theme criterion and thus drastically raise the probability of the concurrence, thus reducing the need for an explanation.

What happened here is not that something related to bats was on the quarters. I was very specifically bats.

Furthermore, there is another shared theme between the bat quarters and bat flu. Not only do they both involve bats, but they are also both tied in with the economic system. The biggest fallout from bat flu could be economic, and the bats aren't in a movie or in a song or something unrelated to bat flu. They are on the money.
Last edited by TheDMan on Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are bats on the quarters.

TheDMan

Post by TheDMan »

Fiddler wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:15 pm
I did.. but I like you so I'll do it again ..

It's just a coincidence dude .. it happens .. The image on the coin was selected 2 years before some guy in Wuhan ate the corona'ed pangolin ..
Please remind me . . .

1. What did they select to be on the bat quarters?
2. When was the scheduled release date of those quarters?

3. In what animal do scientists say bat flu originated?
4. When did the public become aware of bat flu?
There are bats on the quarters.

Limey

Post by Limey »

TheDMan wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:30 pm
What we are dealing with on the quarters issue are two (1) unlikely events that (2) occurred simultaneously with a (3) shared theme.

Joker lacks the quality of being unlikely. There are tons of superhero and antisuperhero movies drawn from comic books. And there are several movies about misunderstood isolates who spawn social unrest, V for Vendetta and Fight Club being just two that I can think of.

Further, there is no shared theme between The Joker and bat flu. We might say that they both involve Batman, but only as something that is related to Joker and never even appears in the movie.

When we allow one of the events to be only related to the theme of the other, we raise the possible events that can satisfy the shared theme criterion and thus drastically raise the probability of the concurrence, thus reducing the need for an explanation.

What happened here is not that something related to bats was on the quarters. I was very specifically bats.

Furthermore, there is another shared theme between the bat quarters and bat flu. Not only do they both involve bats, but they are also both tied in with the economic system. The biggest fallout from bat flu could be economic, and the bats aren't in a movie or in a song or something unrelated to bat flu. They are on the money.
I disagree.

By making a movie of that quality, alluding to bats, at that time, they were showing how in charge they are.

Limey

Post by Limey »

...and don't forget the baseball World Series 2019.

Tri-colour bats are native to the Washington area.

Cricket? 2019? England, playing a strong batting team, beat New Zealand.... the only native bats in NZ are called "pekapeka"...

Peek a peek? Look at this?

Q. Do baseball and cricket both use bats as their primary implements?

A. Yes.

Q. Were these sporting results a surprise, gaining interest for both events?

A. Yes.

Who owns the rights to advertising on these events...?

Join. The. Dots.

MojoJojo

Post by MojoJojo »

Wasn't sure where to dump this...need the Bat Flu thread reincarnated!

https://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/aV0Gq5K_460sv.mp4
I must remember to destroy those kids after my breakfast has been eaten.