Forum issues or improvements

General chit-chat.
taxed

Re: Forum issues or improvements

Post by taxed »

Paleocon wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:14 pm
Are any of you having issues staying logged in? When I quote someone to make a reply, when I click submit, I'm invariably asked to log back in.

(Including the short time it took to type the line above)

Anyone else having this issue?
Did you ever figure this out?

Paleocon

Post by Paleocon »

taxed wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 6:13 am
Did you ever figure this out?
It still happens occasionally, but since no one else is having the problem, it's probably on my end.
It's only when I'm posting or getting ready to post, and it's not a big deal to log back in, so I'm good.

Thanks.

Fiddler

Post by Fiddler »

Paleocon wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 12:28 pm
It still happens occasionally, but since no one else is having the problem, it's probably on my end.
It's only when I'm posting or getting ready to post, and it's not a big deal to log back in, so I'm good.

Thanks.
It happens to me if I begin a post or reply and don't complete it within .. I'm guessing 20-30 minutes..

Paleocon

Post by Paleocon »

Fiddler wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 8:12 pm
It happens to me if I begin a post or reply and don't complete it within .. I'm guessing 20-30 minutes..
Not the problem that I'm having. I've typed single sentence replies and clicked submit in under 30 seconds and still have to log back in to get it to finally post.

KSUAviator

Post by KSUAviator »

Paleocon wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 4:34 am
Not the problem that I'm having. I've typed single sentence replies and clicked submit in under 30 seconds and still have to log back in to get it to finally post.
He's typing single sentence replies too. :)

I"m sorry. I couldn't help myself!
Galatians 5:13-14 You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love. The entire law is summed up in a single command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."

taxed

Post by taxed »

Bounced for @Bezmenov. There's lingering issues I never got to, so if any stand out that you can figure out to fix, have at it (or let me know how to fix it if it requires root permissions).

Bezmenov

Post by Bezmenov »

taxed wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:11 pm
Bounced for @Bezmenov. There's lingering issues I never got to, so if any stand out that you can figure out to fix, have at it (or let me know how to fix it if it requires root permissions).
I'll be happy to look at any problems people are having in addition to the sub-forums idea. I didn't really expect to become a board admin when I posted my idea last week but it's good to have the ability to implement what I was envisioning. I need some time to learn more about the software and what it can do. Maybe working on a few simple fixes for people would help me do that.

taxed

Post by taxed »

Bezmenov wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:55 pm
I'll be happy to look at any problems people are having in addition to the sub-forums idea. I didn't really expect to become a board admin when I posted my idea last week but it's good to have the ability to implement what I was envisioning. I need some time to learn more about the software and what it can do. Maybe working on a few simple fixes for people would help me do that.
All good...