The return of sports

All things sports. Even soccer.

Moderator: KSUAviator

Jasmine

The return of sports

Post by Jasmine »

Sports is slowly coming back. The NBA, for example, seems to be on track to resume its season with some very unique modifications (all their games will be played at a Disney property).

Personally, my main concern is that football starts on time and gets to play a full season. If baseball and basketball had to continue their hiatus, it’s not as big of a deal for me.

I’ve even gotten used to crowd-free wrestling shows, although I know it will be awesome when the audiences come back.
The Secretary of Torture and Executions is here! Cleansing the world...one ugly person at a time.

LadyBug

Re: The return of sports

Post by LadyBug »

Sports without crowds of cheering and jeering fans kinda loses something, don't you think? Are they going to use canned crowds, like sitcoms use the awful canned laughter? I'm with you on football, though; let's hope things are back to normal by September. :?

MFA

Re: The return of sports

Post by MFA »

LadyBug wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:08 am
Sports without crowds of cheering and jeering fans kinda loses something, don't you think? Are they going to use canned crowds, like sitcoms use the awful canned laughter? I'm with you on football, though; let's hope things are back to normal by September. :?
Yeah, it's hard to imagine not putting an asterisk in front of these shortened seasons.

In Toronto, hockey is king, despite the Leafs being locked out of the Stanley Cup since 1967. A win this year would be a disappointment.